BOOKSHELF: Biblical Prophecy
Biblical Prophecy Study Links
Unlocking the Bible: David Pawson (DVD/CD/MP3)
The late David Pawson is considered to be one of the world’s finest biblical expositors. The series, ‘Unlocking the Bible,’ shares valuable insights by way of a series of talks, presenting each book of the Bible in turn. His approach places us in the time and place in which each book was written, helping us to understand ‘who’ wrote the book and ‘why’ the book was written, and drawing helpful timeline parallels with events of world history. Biblical prophecy is examined throughout, and in particular through the writings of the Prophets. A highly recommended series, for any serious Bible student, aged teenage years to adult. DVDs, CDs, and MP3 available from the David Pawson website and freely available to watch on youtube.
Hatikvah Films DVDs
(available from http://www.hatikvahfilms.com and various online outlets)
Excellent instructional DVDs explore important themes within the Scriptures:
Jerusalem, the Covenant City (DVD)
Jerusalem, the Covenant City explores the past, present and future destiny of Jerusalem in the light of recorded history, the prophetic Scriptures and current events. Jerusalem is the only city in the world to have its history written in advance. This feature-length documentary, presented by Lance Lambert, provides a biblical lens for understanding current events in the Middle East.
Divided into two parts for viewer convenience, Part 1 contains a broad sweep of Jerusalem’s history, while Part 2 examines the present and future destiny of the Holy City.
Abraham’s Vision (DVD)
In this multi-award-winning documentary, Bible scholar Lance Lambert takes us on a journey through the historical implications of the Abrahamic Covenant, in which the Lord gave a three-fold promise to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as an everlasting inheritance.
Learn of The Lord’s promised protection for His covenant people, and the fulfilment of His purposes through them, in the declaration: “I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you.” (Genesis 12:3) Trace the outworking of this declaration through history, beginning with the Exodus from Egypt, and continuing through the Biblical era to the fall of the Roman Empire. Discover the covenant promises from both a Biblical and historical perspective in the purpose of God.
Jacob’s Tears (DVD)
This full-length documentary features groundbreaking interviews with German Church leaders, the son of a Nazi SS officer and Holocaust survivors that will move, and challenge you.
The questions you’ve always asked
The answers you never expected:
- How could the Holocaust have happened?
• Why were the Jewish people unjustly targeted?
• Where was the Church?
• Could the Holocaust have been avoided?
• Do Nazi atrocities still affect the lives of their descendants?
• Is healing and forgiveness possible?
• Why is Germany enjoying such prosperity today in light of Genesis 12:3?
• How should the Church respond to rising Anti-Semitism today?
Cyrus Nations? United Kingdom (DVD)
Thousands of years ago God vowed to Abraham that He would “bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you” (Genesis 12:3). Many individuals, nations, and empires have put God’s word to the test. As one of the greatest superpowers the world has ever known, has the United Kingdom’s history proved the potency and longevity of God’s ancient covenant with Abraham and his descendants?
This documentary film traces the rise and fall of the British Empire alongside Britain’s complex relationship with the Jewish People. What was Britain’s role in the re-birth of Israel in her historic homeland? How did Britain’s rich Christian heritage influence the geo-political factors surrounding the First and Second World Wars? Was the timing and circumstances of the tumultuous British mandate over Palestine merely coincidental? Is the demise of the British Empire a direct result of a forsaken promise?
In ancient times King Cyrus had a unique call to restore the Jewish People to their homeland. Is the UK a modern-day Cyrus? Presented by Lance Lambert, the film features interviews with academics and Church leaders, alongside eye-witness accounts, historical footage, and live action dramatizations.
America and the Israel Effect (DVD)
The annals of history record the rise and fall of countless empires, nations, and individuals. In ancient times, God vowed to Abraham and his descendants that He would “bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you” (Genesis 12:3). Is there a link? The United States of America has been a superpower and the wealthiest nation in history. Has this uniquely blessed nation evidenced the continuing dynamic power of this covenant promise? Is the political and cultural shift in America today related at all to her rejection of Biblical values and principles? Where is the hope for her future?
This documentary film traces the rise and decline of the ‘American Empire’ alongside her complex relationship with the Jewish People. What role did she play in the re-birth of Israel in her historic homeland? How did the United States’ rich Christian heritage influence the geo-political factors surrounding her rise to prominence? What motivates the political alliance between Israel and the USA? Was President Richard Nixon’s decision to rescue Israel during the Yom Kippur War merely coincidental? Did a mother’s prophetic words for her young son change the course of international history?
The Forsaken Promise (DVD)
For the day of the Lord is near on all the nations; as you have done, it shall be done to you. Your reward shall return upon your head.” (Obadiah 1:15)
In November 1917 the British government made a pledge with the Jewish people through the Balfour Declaration to help establish a Jewish National Home in the territory known as Palestine. During the 200 years leading up to the Balfour Declaration there was a broad vision in the Church in Great Britain for the restoration of the Jewish people to their ancient homeland. This vision, supported by the great revivalists such as George Whitefield and the Wesley brothers, was based on the Covenants of Promise as well as other prophetic Scriptures found in the Bible, and many Christians were inspired to pray into it. The Balfour Declaration was the fruit of this vision. At that time, Great Britain was the nearest example of a truly Christian nation that has existed since the time of Christ two thousand years ago, and her empire – the largest ever in human history – stretched across one third of the world’s land mass. It was said that the sun never set on the British Empire.
Sadly, because of political expedience in appeasing a militant Arab nationalist movement, duplicity in her dealings with both Arabs and Jews, and even treachery towards the Jewish people, Britain became instead the major obstacle in the fulfilment of the purposes of God. In addition to causing the wholesale misery of many thousands of Jewish people who were turned away from the shores of Palestine in the 1930s and 40s, the British reneging of the Balfour Declaration was also responsible for the deaths of an untold number of Jews who could have escaped Hitler’s Final Solution, had they been able to find refuge in their ancient homeland. Even after the War was over Britain continued to turn away traumatised survivors of the Holocaust from the shores of the Land of their forefathers. Today, very few British people – Christians included – know anything about this dark chapter in our history. Is it mere co-incidence that since the end of the Mandate in Palestine in 1948 that the sun finally set on the Great British Empire and her status as the world’s superpower disappeared?
The Forsaken Promise, a 3-part documentary series, highlights a number of tragic events that took place during the Mandate period, mainly through the testimonies of those who were either victims of those events, participants in them, or eye-witnesses to them, including the Late Derek Prince. Its purpose is to stir up repentance in Britain for the nation’s reneging of the Balfour Declaration – the forsaken promise – and obstructing the purposes of God in the restoration of Israel. There are many church leaders in Britain who are crying out for the restoration of God’s favour and blessing upon this country, and there are some who believe that the Lord has not forgotten our spiritual heritage as a Christian nation. Because the Church’s calling is to be the ‘prophetic voice’ in the nation, this documentary’s prime target audience is the Church.
This DVD has a run time of 4 hrs and 10 minutes.
The Appointed Times: Jesus in the Feasts of Israel (DVD)
(Available from: Day of Discovery)
Today in Israel and throughout the Jewish world the annual cycle of holy days continues to be observed. From the making of unleavened bread to the blowing of trumpets, these spring and autumn feasts provide rest, remembrance, and renewal, calling people back to God. In stunning detail this programme shows God’s grand story of redemption for the entire world through the sacred feasts of Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot, which reveal Jesus at the centre of it all – his death, resurrection and the promise of His return.
In this 4-part presentation, Michael Rydelnik, Avner Boskey, and Michael Brown spend time in Israel uncovering the historical, agricultural, sacrificial, and prophetic understanding of the sacred feasts.
- Part 1: Rest, Remembrance, & Renewal
- Part 2: Passover
- Part 3: Pentecost
- Part 4: Tabernacles
Know the Future – A Bible Prophecy Breakthrough From Overlooked Keys in the Words of Jesus
Tim McHyde, in his highly recommended book ‘Know the Future,’ examines Biblical prophecy in relation to Planet X/Nibiru. Using a specially developed Biblical prophetic roadmap/timeline, through cross-referencing prophecies throughout the Old and New Testaments, Tim lists major events that he has identified and orders their occurence:
- Nuclear Middle East War: Israel and Atomic Iran in prophecy
- Nuclear World War III
- The invasion of America by a confederacy of communist nations (of course that’s the only way, as no single nation could defeat the US).
- Oil shortages
- Global Hurricane winds
- A global meteor storm setting fires everywhere
- An evil global dictator called the Beast (“Antichrist”) heading a “One World Government” called Babylon
- The loss of all personal privacy with a global ID mark issued to everyone, without which you cannot buy or sell
- A One World Religion being forced on everyone at penalty of beheading
- the Great Tribulation
- the End of the “good times” of relative stability, prosperity and liberty that we enjoy today, years before the rapture
- the arrival of the promised end times prophet Elijah
- the sealing and special mission of the 144,000 over the whole earth, two by two
- A mountain-sized asteroid hitting the ocean and creating devastating tsunamis on a third of the globe
Other topics presented by the author in Know the Future:
- Exactly where to find Planet X’s visit in the Bible
- How many times Planet X will pass us
- Why is NASA silent on Planet X and the Bible’s explanation for the conspiracy
- Why we cannot see it already and how it will blind side those who do not know Bible prophecy
- The devastating effects of its passage on our water supply, food supply, infrastructure, population and climate
- Whether the seals, trumpets, and bowls of revelation sequential or in parallel
- Revelation’s end times timeline including where the rapture falls on it
- What the 1260, 1290, 1335 days of Daniel and Revelation are about, and what will happen during the 30 day gap between the 1260 and 1290 days
- How the Antichrist will convince the world to give him control (hint: it’s not by pawning himself off as the Jewish Messiah)
- How to still “escape all these things” when no pretrib rapture will save you
- Exactly where God plans to protect his people through it, the only safe place given in the Bible
- What the mark of the beast will be and whether it is a choice or forced, and if so how
- Why the 144,000 are protected, who the Two Witnesses are and how Elijah fits in
- Where the U.S.A. is found in Bible prophecy
- What it means to Flee Babylon or Come out of Babylon and when to do it
- Where we are commanded to study Bible prophecy by Jesus and the apostles
- Why, even if you trust in God, you should study prophecy
Available from https://www.escapeallthesethings.com